Thursday, May 13, 2010

Final Speech Details

For your final presentation, you will be selecting either a poem, song or quote and describing what it means to you. Your rough outline or essay is due by 11:59 p.m. on May 18.

Ideas for points:
- Reading (with meaning) the entire or part of the selection
- About the author
- What it means to you
- When you first heard or read it
- What or who it reminds you of
- The importance of it in your life
- The effect on you
- Play a part of song

You must turn in a copy of the poem, song or quote with your outline or essay. There will not be an initial essay. However, you may write either an essay or outline and turn that in for your "outline" grade. Remember, this is an 100 point document and you must have all parts (see initial grading) - introduction, 3 points, transitions, conclusion, enough detail for time limit, etc.

Other Minor Details:
- 3 minute speech (no longer than 5 minutes with any technology)
- Only 1 notecard with less than 50 words (I will count before you go up)
- No visual - extra credit worth 30 points
- Final draft due 5/24
- Practice on 5/24 - 30 points
- Seniors Present 5/24 & 5/26
- Juniors Present 5/28

Post any questions you have below and I will answer.

Schedule for Remaining Weeks:
Friday - 5/14 - Finish Notes, Demo Speech
Tuesday - 5/18 - Persuasive Techniques and Rough Draft of Speech Due, Demo Speech
Thursday - 5/20 - Work Day on Final and Speech!
Monday - 5/24 - Practice Speech, Final Draft Due, Seniors Present, Seniors Final Project Due
Wednesday - 5/26 - Seniors Present
Friday - 5/28 - Juniors Present, Juniors Final Project Due
Wednesday - 6/2: Movie
Friday - 6/4: Movie
Final: Impromptu Speech

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austrailia by ANNA STRAIT!!

I learned that in austrailia, everyone is extremly friendly, but sometimes give off the impression that they are better then you.They play high value on relationships. The initial population is of Aborgines and people of british and irish decent. Afer WW2 there was heavy migration fom europeespecially from greece.Not very formal type of people and they prefer first names only when they talk. The wheather there is sunny alot and i would somedqay like to go there.

nakeisha16 said...

Messy Room

A poem that really interests I and I can relate to is, “Messy Room’’ By Shel Silverstein. It’s a really funny poem and it in some way relates to my room. Today I’m going to of course read you the poem, tell you what it means, and explain to you why I like it.
So first I’m going to let you read this short but fun poem.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
His underwear is hanging on the lamp.
His raincoat is there in the overstuffed chair,
and the chair is becoming quite mucky and damp.
His workbook is wedged in the window;
His sweater's been thrown on the floor.
His scarf and one ski are beneath the TV,
and his pants have been carelessly hung on the door.
His books are all jammed in the closet;
His vest has been left in the hall.
A lizard named Ed is asleep in his bed,
and his smelly old sock has been stuck to the wall.
Whosever room this is should be ashamed!
Donald or Robert or Willie or--
Huh? You say it's mine? Oh, dear,
I knew it looked familiar!

Hopefully you could read this poem pretty well. But In my opinion I feel this poem is about a guy who has a really dirty room is discusted by it and realizes it’s really his. Will he clean it maybe but hopefully from him seeing how dirty it is and how discussed he is with the mess he will clean it.
One reason why I can really relate to this poem is one my room is really dirty but not to the point where it stinks there’s just clothes everywhere. Sometimes I look at it as if I need to clean it but I never get to it. But I’m not discussed with it I just either need to do laundry or put my clothes away. But I can relate because everyone has a messy room at one point even me.
So hopefully you like this silly short poem and can in some way relate to it because I know I sure can. Also this poem should tell you if you’re discussed by a dirty room clean it.

Nakeisha Brown